never thinks too much

Yesterday I saw a post on my LINE’s timeline. The post is like this:

Signs of Overthinking
  • second guess everything
  • analyze things to death
  • catastrophize or expect the worst
  • have insomnia
  • hate making decisions
  • would rather someone decides for you
  • regret often
  • can’t let things go
  • take things personally when they aren’t
  • are a perfectionist
  • criticize yourself a lot
  • never feel 100% certain
  • feel tense
  • feel like you can’t turn your brain off
I don’t know if those symptoms are based on reliable research (I’m too lazy to find out more) but some of it often happens to me. Being overthink is the worst thing could happen. It is frustrating. And even worst, it can lead us to mental illness.

From all the symptoms, I feel like self-criticizing happens a lot more. When I made a mistake, I often feel useless. When I haven’t get what I deserve to, I often feel worthless. And when those two happen, I can’t just let it go easily. I keep blaming and asking myself what the hell is wrong with me.

This is not good. This is unhealthy.

But I don’t know how to reduce it.

Comments