a life update in the midst of pandemic

Hi! How you doin' my virtual diary? Finally I can write something on my own platform. So, where do I go all this time? Now, my routine is being a real writer for a company. Yeah, I have a job right now. So many things to tell, right Well, I'm going to recap it for you now.

Let's start from the very beginning of this year. On January, I finally had a trip to Japan! :') The trip I've been waiting for a long long time, came true. I'm still happy talking about this and I've been wanting to go back there because it's just not enough for me. Well, I think it's because I had this trip with my family, so I have to kinda stick to the itinerary. Even tho we had some improvisation but still. it's different when it comes to travel with your family. But I still had fun tho. I'm going to tell more about the trip on a separate post of course but I don't know when I'll be able to write but just wait for it okay?

Move to the end of January, I finally had my second job interview after the first one in....April 2019 I guess? Yeah it was a very long time, I'm so happy that someone recognized my resume. And not long after that interview, I joined a test for CPNS or government employee? I don't know the English term of it. The test was not as hard as I imagined, as the government lower down the passing grade so I managed to passed the passing grade.

At the end of February, I got accepted for a job yay after one year unemployed, the company I work for now give me a chance :') Then I started working on March and btw, my office is really far from home. My home is located in South Tangerang and the office located in North Jakarta. So, I need 2-3 hours trip from home to office, and vice versa.

But at the same time I started working, the pandemic started to globalize and infects every part of the world. In Indonesia the virus came.....I forgot when but I think at April? When the virus officially strikes in Indonesia, the gov told us to start doing activities at home, do physical distancing, wear masks, and wash our hands with soap. So, we are working from home, just like freelancers? And seriously it's kinda hard to do it.

Before my office started to do work from home regulation, I was assigned to do a new job in order to challenge myself and how I need to explore ideas. But man, it was hard. I totally got overwhelmed, my work time got messed up so much especially in this WFH time. I got tired easily, anxiety hit me hard. But I need to it, otherwise I would stuck in my zone. At first, I was really really afraid of how the results came. But as the time goes by I became......pasrah? Seriously I don't know the english term. Well, the point is no matter how the results came, at least I tried. At least I did something and I can learn from that later on.

And about the pandemic itself, man it got worse. The positive number keep increasing everyday as people not obey the stay at home rules, especially when it's near lebaran time. People going out to the mall and market just for the sake of new lebaran clothes. I really don't know what to say anymore. I feel really bad for the medical staff that worked their ass off, being the front guard fighting the virus. We'll regret it later if there's no medical staff left to help us cure.

So, I hope that people considered more when they want to go out. I know that people started to running out of money and essential needs, some businesses are closing or near bankruptcy, unemployment rate rises. But please avoid crowded and do the physical distancing, protect yourself by wearing mask, and only go out for important matters.

Oh and by the way, even though the positive number keep increasing, the gov stated a plan of the new normal. So, in June I think we will start doing normal activities. I'm afraid of course, but people are going to suffer more if we keep staying at home. So yeah, I think that's why the gov planned this. I just hope that we will all be saved from the virus.

I think that's all for my life update that I write in the midst of pandemic. See ya on the next post!

Comments